What could be more charming than a Provençal coloured antique stone flooring under a summer sun? Our antique French limestone floorings are reclaimed from old buildings and have a very unique and worn surfaces that is hard to reproduce. Rich in textures and patinas, reclaimed French limestone paving will give your architecture a real timeless touch. Although they require special care to preserve all their superb surfaces, antique stone floorings will attract those who are keen to incorporate French tradition and old materials into their construction projects. Here are below some characteristics of an antique stone paving:
- Durability: it is not for nothing that the oldest man-made structures still standing are made of stone. It is an incredibly strong and resistant material. If you’re designing a house that you hope to live in for many years, natural stone floor is a wise choice.
- Suitable for outdoors: slabs do not corrode, even when exposed to high temperatures and harsh freezing conditions. Most of our reclaimed French limestone will therefore be suitable not only for your interiors, but also for your exteriors.
- Low maintenance: when laid in the right way, old floors have the advantage of requiring very little maintenance.
- Unique beauty: natural stone has unique grains, patterns and colours. All these aspects make it a unique material with a natural beauty that will bring a natural authenticity to your home.
- Anti-allergenic: If you or a member of your family suffers from allergies, stone floors can help you in your efforts to keep dust and allergens out of your home. Because cleaning is easier on a hard, non-porous surface, allergens will have a hard time getting into your home.